Plan an educational family getaway. Explore the hills of western Québec, interact with both wild and domestic animals and enjoy the privacy of Lac Indien.
Family Overnight Retreats
January through April and July through November
$425/youth* (ages 8-17) || $475/adult* (18+)
Our 3 day, 2 night family retreats are perfect for the family who craves outdoor experiences, animal connection, and a beautiful environment that bring everyone closer together.
We offer customizable retreats for families sized 2-8 to ensure your next family getaway is unique. Make memories that will last a lifetime.
Examples of Family Retreats
Let it Snow, Winter, Family of 4
The Girard family came to us excited for all things winter. During their time with us, they:
- Received instruction on sled dog pack dynamics and sled dog winter care.
- Went dog sledding through woods, across lakes, and over hills, totaling over 25km.
- Toured our animals in residence, including our bald eagle and snowy owl.
- Built snow huts and other snow creations.
- Snowshoed across lakes to follow most recent winter game trails.
- Visited horses and learned about equine connection.
- Spent nights around the fire, retelling events of the day, and sometimes watching a movie before heading off to bed.
Soak Up the Summer Sun, Summer, Family of 3
The Joy family came prepared for non-stop fun in the sun. During their time with us, they:
- Swam in and explored the shoreline of our 50-acre private lake.
- Toured our animals in residence and wildlife at our homestead.
- Met our huskies and were introduced to the basics of dog behavior.
- Hiked up to the Grandmother tree with two of our sled dogs.
- Participated in equine connection with our herd of horses.
- Fed deer fawns and raccoon kits for rehabilitation.
- Told stories about Indian Lake around a campfire on the beach.
Autumn-atic Family Fun, Autumn, Family of 6
The LaPointe family visited during the peak of our fall season colors. During their time here, they:
- Spent time in the woods learning how to build emergency shelters and make fires in wet conditions.
- Participated in dryland sled dog racing, which helps mushers prepare for winter dog sledding.
- Toured our animals in residence, including our bald eagle, snowy owl, hawks, deer fawns, and raccoon kits.
- Played horse games that helped assess horse-specific personalities.
- Helped in caring for the horses and sled dogs in residence.
- Camped out overnight at the top of a nearby waterfall.
Book your family retreat now!
Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.